Top Ten facts of 2014 Prime Ministerial Polling
About sixty six percentage out of 100% of 814 mn voters exercisex their votes between 07.04.14 and 12.05.2014 around the country india to select the fresh five hundred and forty three member Lok Sabha.
- 1 woman candidate out of 27 female representatives raised to win the 2014 LS election in the state of Rajasthan where BJP took entire twenty five parliamentary seats.
- The BJP’s woman candidate named Santosh Ahlawat who is presiding MLA from Surajgarh bet Rajbala Ola of Congress with a margin of 233835 votes in Jhunjhunu Lok Sabha seat.
- BJP’s Meenakshi Lekhi won against the sitting M.P. & Congress heavyweight Ajay Maken from New Delhi constituency.
- nearly thirteen women winners are from West Bengal and 11 from Uttar Pradesh.
- CPIM member PK Sreemathi is only woman from Kannur to head to Lok Sabha from Kerala.
- Other top lady winners were Congress president Sonia Gandhi contested from Rae Bareli in UttarPradesh, Opposition Leader Sushma Swaraj from Vidisha in MP & actor Kirron Kher from Chandigarh.
- This polyphase Lok Sabha pollings were conducted in twenty eight states and 7 UTs in thirty six days long electioneering between 7th April and 12th May 2014. The 5 year term of the present Lok Sabha ceasing on 1.6.14 and the new House is to be formed by 31.05.2014.